View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM

Not defending anybody ok? But the dude won this race already... he got bad luck at the begining and now he needs to make up for the time, to me a lot of heart in that man. Other guys would have already drop the towel and this is what makes him interesting. Sucks when they just stop fighting. Hinault style, you want to do something you have to go for it.

And honestly? 2nd and 3rd are still for the grabs, nothing is sealed but maybe 1st place. A lot of climbing in the next 2 days, anything can happen, ARU clearly today was riding zombie mode, dont see ARU getting in the podium, he is done for.

Would be interesting if Hesjedal put like 3 minutes each day onto the astana riders, today he got like 2 back today, that can put him in a top 5 finish even higher if a disaster happens the next two days.

Astana's race to manage from now on, Tinkoff needs to just follow wheels the next two days. The other detail from all of the top tens the only other two that are climbing good are hesjedal and landa. Do you think Hasjedal is not using that as incentive?. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
I'm puzzled by Hesjedal's tactics at this point. Is it worth it to fight to climb higher in the mid-top-ten overall? Is he hoping to make up 7 minutes on Aru to make the podium?

Would it be better to hunt for stages at this point?

Not trying to be snarky; I genuinely don't know.

(Good on Gilbert today!)