View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I’m having difficulty getting my R45 to stay properly adjusted. So instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would piggyback onto this one.

I can’t seem to permanently eliminate the play in my rear R45. I’ve adjusted it many times, but the little bit of play always seems to come back. I’ve adjusted it with a 5mm in the ds of the axle while applying pressure to the hub body while snugging up the adjusting clamp with the set screw to follow. I’ve also adjusted it on the bike with the same results. I’ve snugged up the adjusting clamp everywhere from where it is just starting to preload everything all the way to snugging it up tight (tight within reason, not bearing down on it) as well. I’ve followed the CK instructions to a “T” as well, all with the same results.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Is this a new hub? When new, I had to readjust the rear hub frequently. I resorted to setting up the hub to eliminate play with quick release set up toward the loose side. Then tightened up the QR a bit each time play developed. Then repeated once the QR became overly tight.

This way I avoided several iterations of hub adjustment. Once broken in, the hub adjustment has remained pretty stable.