View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 AM

First off do whatever you feel you need to, we all have different thresholds.

For me the idea of wearing cameras anticipating being run over or some violent confrontation seems excessive.

I still think the sport is safe if you look at the number of riders on the road vs those run over. It's kinda like winning the lottery, tiny chance but someone does and I don't see a camera changing that, but I agree in a case like Tom's it would provide compelling evidence. It just seems like too much for the likely hood though.

I think the problem is when these things happen they seem so unnecessary and are discussed ad nauseam and then usually have outcomes that at least to cyclists if not sane people in general are astoundingly biased toward the motor vehicle culture and show zero consideration for someone out just minding their business and being run over.

I will add that after seeing photos of Tom's bike I can't imagine what that video would look like. I imagine he never saw it coming and it looks like she really didn't either. I would be interested to see if she wasn't texting or drunk and texting.