Thread: Rims rims rims
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 05:33 PM
ZhugeLiang

I understand that pals tend towards looking for the "best" but really, we live in the golden era of many, many excellent choices available to us.

Just this morning while riding, I noticed how the combination of my steel serotta, pacenti sl23 wide rims, lower tire pressures, 26mm specialized s-works turbo clincher tires all together contributed to what can only be described as the "magic carpet ride"...the thing literally floats and glides effortlessly, pretty amazing stuff.

I have got A23, Pacenti, HED C2, Archetype, Kinlin in my regular rotation.

They all worked.

The Pacenti is my favorite but I dislike...still do even though it's V2...the tightness of the tire mounting.

The HED goes out whenever I want peace of mind in less than perfect roads. It's literally bombproof.

The Archetype is built slightly more sturdy than necessary for someone of my weight so it serves mainly for loaded touring and gravel ride duties.

The A23 is my least favorite. For whatever reason, I don't like the way the wheel winds up, accelerates and maintains at speed. It just seems to take more work, might just be a matter of perception.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also got a couple of DT rims...they are solid all-around, get the job done.

Last edited by weisan; 10-29-2016 at 05:54 PM.