View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Ding-a-ling

My Serotta saved my life

* real name, if you like: Trent
* where do you live? North Georgia
* explanation of your handle: I am a huge Jimmy Buffett fan
* explanation of your avatar: No tengo...I tried to figure it out once, but it was taking too long.
* age (general or specific) 32
* occupation: Editor (project manager is a more accurate description) for the second largest College Textbook Publisher.
* favorite bike Schwinn Traveler...my first road bike.
* what's in your stable? I have four kids...I only get one bike...a '93 Serotta Concours
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55, Swan Mountain Road, Dillon Valley, CO area...1991
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? @1000 on the road...many predawn hours on the trainer...8 so far this week (it's Thurs.)
* picture of yourself or your ride?
* What has Serotta done for you lately: I hung up the racing jersey when I got married. 8 years past and I started digging my grave with my teeth. When I was fit for my bike, I had a size 40 waist. I went into the store the other day, and bought size 34 pants. I have stopped snoring like a bear, can see veins in my arms that I haven't seen for years, and have conquered my issue with mind over mattress. Though I am only about halfway to where I was before the downhill slide, I feel much better about all aspects of my life. None of this would have been possible without my Serotta.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told. I blamed a bent fender on my sister. A lie that I am going to have to take to my grave...regretably.
* and, something fun: My wife and I love taking pictures, but we are terrible at having them developed. The other day, I took 58 rolls of film to have developed and put on disks. I have spent the last two days reminiscing great times that have faded from memory.
Breathe in, breathe out, move on

--J. Buffett