View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 08:14 AM
ZhugeLiang

Kudos to Kirk Pacenti!!!

I would be remissed if I don't mention the part that I am most excited with, more so than a successful wheel build, is the ability to now install the tires on the newer Pacenti rim with.... Listen to this, ladies and gentlemen!...with my BARE HANDS !!!!

To be frank, I have always been a big fan of Kirk, the quality products that he brought to market, his business ethics... but the last time when I had a set of SL 23 , I was less than impressed with the tire installation process, granted many folks have chimed in with great installation technique/advice... BUT... really when it comes down to it, if you have a flat and you are in the middle of nowhere, the last thing you want to remember is the password to the secret cave "Open Sesame"... It should be a relatively uneventful AND painless activity when it comes to flat fixing and tire changing.

So, yeah, big " hi-5" to my pal Kirk for acknowledging the issue and not just fixing it, but making it even better. I don't recall that many wheels I got that i can install with bare hands, most require a lever at least near the end to give it that extra boot.

Great job, Kirk!
This coming from your lifetime fan.

P.S. in my excitement last night, I installed the tire first, by forgetting about the rim tape, this is what I found when i checked back in the garage early this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31281-1.jpg (33.3 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg 31283-1.jpg (41.1 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg 31285-1.jpg (31.8 KB, 235 views)