View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Question would be...what's the point? I don't get fancy materials for that type of bike...I say this having had a Gen 1 Fargo...saving even 3lbs off the frame weight would have made no difference in speed, and the tires mute any differences in ride characteristics...but they'll be pretty...the 3 cms of the frame not covered by a pack anyway [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know 3 riders that I have done Ti Fargo builds for and they would attest that the weight difference and ride quality is significant enough. Each of them ride significant miles and ride a lot of dirt and minimum maintenance roads.

One of the 3 started on the Ti, the other 2 moved to the Ti after having (and they still have) the steel. They feel the difference on the road and when pulling the bikes from the vehicle. These riders do all age 65+ so lifting weight is a real consideration.

The Fargo is a great bike. The Ti ones have always been a nice ride for long gravel especially with some light wheels and rubber.

In the case of the Fargo and Ti vs. Steel and gen1 vs. gen2, the compliance improvement on your gen2 Ti is mostly the frame material IMHO. But I think you already know that

Last edited by kingpin75s; 04-17-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: stuff