View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
any difference between a 25mm Vittoria Elite and 25mm Veloflex is teeny(if a real difference exists at all)...imho<<<—-

I sure can’t tell.....
my answer to this is basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
That said, I'm going to say something that will make all tubular lovers cringe - wide clincher rims (20+mm internal) and 23mm clinchers pumped to about 75-80 PSI are close enough to the tubular ride and handling quality that I no longer pick a bike based on tire preference. They're very nearly equal. That is my personal experience.

But if you're going to go tubular, go Veloflex...
OP you say Elite vs Veloflex is so close, it's not worth it. for me, the ride between clinchers with wide internal rims and low psi tires versus similarly low psi tubs is so close, it's not worth it. and the difference that's there, I attribute mainly to handmade tires with latex tubes for the tubulars, versus butyl tubes for the clinchers (which is why I say I'd choose Veloflex over the Elites).

anyway, NOT trying to fuel a tubs versus clinchers debate. tubs are great. just saying if you're gonna do it and you want that sublime ride quality, go all the way.