Thread: Milan-San Remo
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Sagan has been winning races by himself since a few years already, the good about sagan is that apparently he is not blaming his team for the race he lost as other do because after all, eventhought cycling looks like a team sport at the end every man is there by themselves. At tinkoff the team did the same...help the dude till the last 30 km and pray he doesnt have a mechanical.

And honestly not many champions around that can win races by themselves, sagan, contador, valverde, cancelara, S/kelly and EM just to mention a few. But that can show the class sagan has, as i read this week, sagan might be the strongest and best rider ever, he might never win a GT but his palpares is stupidly amazing compared to tour winners, that after all need a team to win like ... yes... that one... I like the guy but w/o a team never seen him shine like the slovak does.
Errr, I think to be the 'best rider ever', winning a GT or even smaller stage race is essential. 'Best one day race winner', he has a shot at that.

imho and all that.