View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 05:26 PM

Washington is a state that generally has little involvement by Real Estate Attorneys. Washington has a constitutional provision that allows real estate agents to make changes to the standard contracts and it will not be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Arizona is the same. Texas on the other hand requires every change that is not factual be prepared by an attorney. So in Texas you have an attorney tied to every title company office.

I was an attorney in Washington and have been involved in some real estate transactions there (more as an agent from out of state) and have sold real estate in Arizona and Texas for the last 20 years.

I work in high-end real estate and have done transactions at reduced fees in these types of situations for good clients. I am here for the long term and I try to always do what works best for my clients in the long term.

I have an expertise in my area and pricing varies substantially between properties so I feel I provide great value on pricing.

It depends on where you are in Seattle and what price. My wife and sister always have had a house in the Seattle area. Last May they decided it was time to cash in on there house they had remodeled because of all of the Chinese buyers in Bellevue in the mid $2m price range. They sold quickly for a little over list price and 8 out of 10 buyers looking at the house were Chinese.

Pricing is your big issue.

Jeff