View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
^trees determine where the shoots happens. surprisingly, neighborhoods in the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys (Pasadena, South Pasadena) see more film days.

as for the part time models, they're all part time since there's no haute couture in Los Angeles.
Trees, huh? I always thought what determines a practical location were many factors, the outside look just being one of them. Budget, look of location ( both interior and exterior ) ability to film in that location ( permitting, neighborhood compliance and the ability to park equipment and crew). Also, how big the practical location is. These would just be a few of the factors. Night shooting calls into play many other factors, but that's an entire different conversation.

In the 37 years I worked on locations all over Los Angeles, trees have only been a factor on one of the many tv shows I worked on. But, again this was only one factor in deciding the locations for this show.

Not sure where you get your facts regarding shoot days and locations, but the last 6 years of my career I worked on a tv show called The Mentalist. We work on practical location 3 to 4 days out of an 8 day episode. We maybe shot in the valleys a 1/4 of the time. We were all over, from San Pedro to Fillmore.