View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Did you rupture your scapholunate ligament ? That's different than a scaphoid fracture but it sounds like you know that.
You want to make sure your surgeon has done this repair numerous times or at minimum is a very experienced hand surgeon. It's an uncommon procedure and in the 2 times I've seen it done the rehab and recovery are long.
Yep, scapholunate ligament rupture. My doc has experience with these. I'm still going to get a second opinion from UW sports medicine.

PacNW2Ford, this is basically how the repair was described to me. Glad to hear recovery went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW2Ford View Post
If in fact it is the scapholunate ligament, it is a complex repair. I think there are a couple of different approaches, mine used a tendon harvested from my forearm. I am twelve years past mine (and a later TFCC repair) and I would say it was a success, the most noticeable effect is a reduced range of motion. One thing my surgeon told me was "Wrists aren't knees", but the alternative was fusion. The good news is the sooner you act, the better likelihood of a good outcome. Be patient, do your PT when you're out of the cast and good luck.