View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookmyers View Post
I really dont know. This is my first Campy machine and coming from Di2 it feels strange that it takes such an effort to shift such a high end group.

I have had the front shifter lock up until i played with it enough, i've dropped the chain on a big ring to small ring shift and i have noises that i dont think i should.

One shop told me my shifter needs to be rebuilt but dont know how accurate that is being that it is 11 speed. I have read that they aren't serviceable....or at least not as serviceable as the 10 speed ones.

My apologies for any inaccurate things i am stating....and thank you for the help.
First, probably doesn't need a 'rebuild', for 11s. When a shop says this, they are clueless about Campagnolo 11s. Second, they are fixable, as serviceable as the 10s ones are. BUT very little to break or wear out like 10s.

Little things make these groups sing. Like lube in housing, housing cut cleanly and long enough. Front der isn't as complicated as 5800/6800/9000 but needs to be done right-3 clicks to big ring.

'Lock up? Make sure hood isn't fouling the thumb button in any way. If it isn't all the way 'up', the lever won't shift.