View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:17 AM

I agree with all you've said. And I am saying the same thing. However, the other side of the coin in the geometry of a road race bike --- Tarmac, Enonda etc. The people buying these new gen all road bikes will have to forgo the experience of the razor sharp handling that is innate in a road race bike. Maybe they are not looking for that. But boy-o-boy, the way a 980 mm-ish (wheelbase -- size 54) road race bike with it's 56 mm-ish trail carves corners is nothing short of true joy.

If you ask me, if there is the means, there ought to be a pure road race bike in one's quiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
Isn’t that kind of the point with these all road bikes? That they’re made for people who just can’t fit the typical road race geo without a ton of spacers, stem and bar adjustment / additions?

I believe that it’s been mentioned a few times on the escape collective podcasts that they hoped for fast bikes that look good with more relaxed geo. Seems like some manufactures listened.

For sure there will continue to be pro-level racing bikes in the future, but having a bike that looks, rides and feels like a pro bike without requiring pro weight and flexibility can only be a good thing, right?

And integrated storage and mounts for these are a nice add on, but don’t see it as being a full stop requirement. But between this and the Endurace, Fray, Roadmaxhine, Domane, and Roubaix it’s getting a bit crowded in a good way.