View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007
Steve,

I was well aware of that thread; if you look closely you will see that I posted in it a number of times. That discussion died some days ago. I was just asking for clarification of what the situation was; which Pete has now provided to a degree.

I would still like clarification of how OT threads will be treated in the General section. Will some topics be off limits or not? I agree Pete, more than enough time has been spent on this and you will never please everyone. At this point the options are clear; they have been beaten to death. I simply want to know what is a foul and what is not.
I dont know if I have a 100% clear answer to this, but, imho...I would like to see all political, religions and negative threads closed immediately.

They do not have anything to do with Serotta, cycling or the lifestyle of cycling. If there is a negative thread started about a vendor or shop (cycling related) then yes, it will stay open as this is important for our community.

Politics, religion, etc...They can be talked about in many places all over the world and the Internet. I believe this Forum and its community should be based on cycling and the lifestyle of cycling. This is broad and we will keep it broad as many interesting topics do pop up here.

If this includes a topic of digital cameras and what will fit in a jersey pocket, thats great. If this is more about cameras in general, there are many Forums that are photography specific. Please use one of them.

Again, this is my humble opinion. I am one of many moderators. But, I care deeply for this Forum and would love to see it thrive and be great for many, many years to come.

I hope this helps clear up your questions and confusions a bit.

Thanks,

Steve