View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Ahhh, riding is so therapeutic.

So, I'm riding along early Friday afternoon. Just enjoying the beautiful later summer day, warm sunshine, light breeze, low humidity, birds singing, squirrels staying off the road, and the hum of my tires gliding along the pavement. After about an hour or so of cycling bliss, I hear a car coming up fast behind me. He's gunning the accelerator and the buzz of tiny soupped up Honda zips up behind me. They hit the brakes, back off, then gun up behind me again. They repeat this three or four times, and each time I'm getting more and more P.O'd that they aren't coming around. Traffic was light, I was on the shoulder as far as I could go, and cars coming the other direction were few and far between. Finally they come up and then accelerate fast right by me then cut in just missing my front wheel. The sound of laughter filling my ear as this buzzing mosquito of a car almost takes me out. Now I'm freaking pissed and I've got a AC/DC's "Touch To Much" coursing through my brain as I stomp on the pedals and start racing up the road. I should have played the lottery that day because as I round the corner, there they were, stopped by a construction flagger where they are replacing some sewers. As I ride up I can see the guy in the car looking in his rear view mirror. I ride up to the passenger window and knock...and she actually rolls down the window. Both look nervous yet still have somewhat of a smirk on their faces...pissing me off even more. I stay calm and say: "so you having a good time at my expense arsehole?" Now, I'm not sure if he was just an ***, trying to show off for his girlfriend, or both. At first he says I was taking up the road by riding out in the middle....which was a lie and I told him so. So then he responds by telling me to eff off and flips me off.

Now, I just flash him a big toothy grin, get off my bike and walk up to his right front tire and flip out my Spyderco Endura, and cut off the valve stem to his front tire. As the air is hissing out, I walk back to the passenger window, place the valve stem between my teeth, and then.."Pluwee". Launch it through the window, across the the interior of his car where it hit him in the chest, bounced off and disappeared between the seats. "You should have that front tire looked at" I say as I'm picking up my bike and heading back the other way. He started to say something but I could hear his girlfriend telling him to shut the heck up as I rode off. He never once attempted to get out of the car....at least while I was there. Oh well.

Ahhh, riding is so therapeutic. Just enjoying the beautiful later summer day, warm sunshine, light breeze, low humidity, birds singing, squirrels staying off the road, and the hum of my tires gliding along the pavement.

William

Last edited by William; 09-04-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Hey, all true accept for the encounter with the Honda... He he...