View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 11:14 AM
Post Mod-ern

I copied the routes . . .

. . . to my own RWGPS several months ago. If I ride the event I'd download latest versions before going. But I don't see them going back to Cambridge. If they had smoothed things over with the supes it would have happened before now. That takes a lot of the historical guts out of the route.

But the climb out of West Hebron on Patterson Hill Road is very challenging. Long and steep. BTW, that's the same road where the guy lived who killed one of the teenagers when their car pulled into his driveway by mistake. You go right by his house. But you won't see him any more. He got life sentence a month or so back–well deserved!

The Kenyon Hill climb over Mt. Colfax is also a bugger. I had a friend who lived on top of that mountain for a while and I was nervous going up that to her house in my car! Never done it on a bike. 12% at one point.

Also keep in mind that the RWGPS ride surface feature is notoriously unreliable. For instance, Patterson Hill climb shows as paved, but it's really dirt. There's more gravel on this tour than that map shows.

BBD
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats