View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 01:46 PM
Sunshine

If I were in one of the massive gravel races where pros show, I would not want to line up with them because it would just be frustrating for them and stressful for me.
I dont want to be the reason why a bunch of people are grumpy from riding too slowly at the start.

When I do local races, I also dont start at the front for the same reason- even the handful of ex-Continental and semi-pro team guys that are at those shouldnt have to navigate around me in a crowded start.
I start in the middle, ride my 16ish average, and end behind the middle. It works well.

As for separating women and having them start at a different time...I have no idea. I am not a woman and dont know any elite gravel racing women so I havent asked any of them what they want.
Part of the challenge for gravel races is the mass start, and thats true regardless of is someone is male or female. You sometimes get stuck in a group you dont want to be in at the start. I dont know how to stop that, but I guess separate start times would work. Seems like pro men should have a separate start time then too, for the same reason...right? It sounds like an issue for pros regardless of gender, unless I am missing something big.