View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
We will have to disagree. There is no need to build and store plaster molds of each foot if using a computerized system like Amfit, which does essentially the same thing in a way that allows more input. It seems that maybe you have a misunderstanding of how lasts are used to build a shoe. Most importantly, it is the pilot rather than the plane.
Here's a comparison of what Riivo's plaster mold process got me versus what Don at D2 created. This now 12 year old pair of D2 Powerwires was the fourth of seven pairs of shoes that Don made me and it was the best fitting pair by far and it's probably why I wore them for 11 years.

The Riivo shoe's toe box is the shape of my foot. I have no pressure on any of the toes and there is room for all of them. Compare that shape to the shape of the D2 on the right.

It may well be the pilot rather than the plane, as you say, but I know which process I'd rather have my pilot use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Riivo vs D2 Shoe box.jpg (91.0 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by BdaGhisallo; 04-13-2024 at 06:29 AM.