View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
Don has lasts in multiple widths for each foot length, or size, that he customizes to accommodate each riders’ needs. Keeping lasts for each individual customer isn’t necessary. The insoles are created using an Amfit system (https://amfit.com/), which is a computerized system that scans the crush boxes and creates digitized images that Don manipulates and modifies as necessary to address a riders particular needs. The Amfit system then mills and fabricates the insoles. The digitized scans are saved, along with the customer’s other fit information, and can be used by Don to build additional shoes and insoles for the customer.
So he hasn't changed his process, then.

Having gone through the custom shoe buying process multiple times, the best way to get a good result is with a plaster mold of your feet.

I had no issues with the orthotics Don made - they were great. The challenges I had were with the 3D shaping of my feet and getting the toe box shape correct.