View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 02:37 PM

I would be skeptical of any insole or orthotic being able to help if the heel is too big.

From experience with lots of them the insoles/orthotics always raise your heel a little bit.

If you are popping out of the heel without an insole/orthotic it is very easy to end up popping out even more. The arch support ends up making the shoe fit tighter under the laces, and if it's not well done it will take up space in the toe box, but as for the heel it is a neutral effect (well done) to negative in terms of heel popping out.

I have major heel issues with popping out with my current mountain shoes + my orthotics. However it is a total non-issue when pedaling. It only makes itself apparent if I have to get off the bike and push/run up a steep incline. Last fall I had my foot come completely out of the shoe doing that! If I use them with just the stock insoles or with superfeet low profile type stuff the popout issues are reduced.

Personally my issue is almost always needing to loosen up my shoes as a ride goes on till they feel sloppy.