View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 10:14 PM

I'm a tech junkie that used to try allthethingz, but I calmed down about it last year. I think you have great choices now from all of them (Garmin, Wahoo, Karoo). I liked the Hammerhead and the Roam just fine, but I probably lived so long in Garmin's world that I ended up going back.

I bought the Explore 2 and love it. Very long battery, big responsive screen, etc. It lacks some of the advanced metrics that I wouldn't use, but pairs with any cycling accessory I need (my lights, radar, power meters, cadence...). For no reason whatsoever that I can tell, the Explore 2 limits you to three profiles. This is all I need, but I think it's odd that they do this when they don't on their other computers.

It's also a current model, so will get updates for quite a while. I feel like it's a great computer, and that it isn't super expensive is a nice bonus.

Edited to add that I'm also getting worse vision as I age, and the larger screen does indeed help quite a bit. On paper it doesn't seem much, but in real life it's helpful.

Last edited by feynman; 04-05-2024 at 10:38 AM.