View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
To each their own, but I’ve HAD to finance way too many cars in my life and now am in a position to not finance, as long as I’m not buying a stupid expensive car.. so, for me, I don’t have any interest in financing a car.. I do the research, know what I want to pay OTD, and what, if any, room I’m willing to move.. can’t meet my parameters? No deal.. there are way too many other cars on offer to not pay what I want to pay..
I kinda feel the same way. One rarely really "needs" a car anyway. I hate debt and payments. And sometimes finding a great dealer and a fair price is the goal. I really like my wife's Lincoln dealership. (it's not part of an auto group) Sure we've paid for that, but it's just a nice place to do business. Sometimes they talk me out of doing stuff. Says it doesn't need it etc. And they wash it anytime I drive it over there...free. And their coffee is great. Considering they have a business to run, pay people fair wages, be a good citizen in the community....I wouldn't drive across town for a slightly better "deal". Sure....I drink the Cool Ade.