View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
Answering an earlier question:
I'd keep your wheels and spend the limited $ on components. The thinking here is that wheels are such an easy swap to make and there are always PL deals to be had

I think your rationale for the 46T ring choice to get the gears you know you ride in most makes sense. That's how I set up my gearing as well. It's more important to have close ratios in the middle of the range (for me) than at the high end of the range.

I chose BSA on my Bingham but was clear on not wanting to run the rear brake hose or cable housing in the BB. It pops out at the bottom of the DT and runs under the BB back to the caliper. I like not having to mess with a BB if I want to change cabling etc., just as I wouldn't want routing through a headset. Yes, I wear my Retrogrouch medallion proudly.

I would guess that T47 is more flexible in the future though - who knows what is next?
Yah, that's my current thought as well. Gonna keep my wheels and ride them out for the next couple years then get a new pair later.

Your Bingham's routing scheme is similar to what I have in mind so it does make sense to go BSA. But I might the bullet and go T47 based on the comments here so far, might backfire (or not) in the future but who can really predict it I guess?