View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 07:52 PM

Getting closer to getting all the parts for my build and trying to make up my mind on some decisions. Hope you guys have some insights to share

1. On drive train selection, I am pretty set on doing a SRAM 1x mullet with 46T + 10-52T using the SRAM Transmission. The rationale here is I calculated gear ratio of my current setup on my road bike to figure out what are my most heavily used gear ratios for specific terrains and found that 46T + 10-52T combo will offer all of my favorite gear ratios and some more on the low end, which is exactly what I am looking for. Is there anything else I should consider? Anyone has experience with using SRAM Transmission yet on a gravel/road bike? If so, what are your thoughts? If 1x MTB mullet is a bad idea, what alternative system I should look into?

2. I am still back and forth about whether it is a good or bad idea to go with T47 BB (over BSA)? T47 seems to gain popularity recently so maybe it's here to stay for a long time? Since BB is not a changeable part of the frame, I just hope to go with one that is relatively "futureproof"

Thanks a bunch!