View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Lugged steel frame and fork. Modern geometry. Classy paint. Clearance for 32mm tires. Sram AXS build for a nice clean look without stupid integrated cables.

I'd say disc brakes too, but I'm not sure you can put discs on a lugged steel fork without totally overbuilding the fork and ruining the ride.
Have you called Dave Kirk yet? You just described most of my bike (and others on here), except I went for mechanical unlike madsciencenow and a few others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
I'm on the younger side of the forum too...atleast I used to be when I first joined...but I'd kinda agree. I love the look of many of the bikes posted but I don't think I'd care to ride one.

I did own a 1984 Trek 760 which was a wonderful bike, but these days I'm on the hunt for something aero, disc, and comfy which can take 30-32 tires. I'd probably ride something like that for a good long while.

I've been through a few bikes lately, but I honestly hate the process of getting set up on and dialed in on a new bike. As much fun as it is to tinker, sometimes it's nice to just have something you can get on and go ride without thinking about it.

Welp. This is certainly magical thinking haha.
I agree, it's why I've built up my "keepers" and have rotated the other bikes around it when I want to tinker. That, and I've swapped wheels and parts quite a bit on a few of them.