View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
I own all 3 of them... yet I still want another bike to race, thinking aero but that's a tool not something that will be in the garage forever like these.
I'm also on the younger end of the forum, so the older 80s and 90s lugged race bikes don't move me. I want a classic, put together look with any of the modern materials.
I'm on the younger side of the forum too...atleast I used to be when I first joined...but I'd kinda agree. I love the look of many of the bikes posted but I don't think I'd care to ride one.

I did own a 1984 Trek 760 which was a wonderful bike, but these days I'm on the hunt for something aero, disc, and comfy which can take 30-32 tires. I'd probably ride something like that for a good long while.

I've been through a few bikes lately, but I honestly hate the process of getting set up on and dialed in on a new bike. As much fun as it is to tinker, sometimes it's nice to just have something you can get on and go ride without thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothwem View Post
I'd be 100% okay with a well fitting steel or aluminum frame with box section wheels and sensible tires if that's what everyone else had and it didn't put me at a disadvantage in a group setting.
Welp. This is certainly magical thinking haha.