View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorkevin View Post
A LOT depends on rims. Today I tried mounting Vittoria Corsa 30 mm tires on DT Swiss 460 rims on my 2024 Logic. The front was fine. The back lightly rubbed against the brake caliper (DuraAce 9000). The 460s have an internal width of 18 and an external width of 23. They do not work with 30 mm tires on the Ritchey Logic. As long as I have those wheels, I'll need to live with 28s. I truly wish bike manufacturers would be more specific when they say "depending on tire and rim" when giving clearances. In this case, I wish Ritchey had simply said something like don't try to mount 30mm tires on any rim less than 25 external and 21 internal. Then the guesswork (and disappointment) is taken out of the equation.
I don't think you can pin this on the frame manufacturer. They explicitly give the frame and fork spacing, which is more than most other frame companies. Regardless, I'm kinda surprised 30mm (labeled?) tires on 18mm ID rims don't fit. What's the actual measurement? where does it rub?

I've got 2 sets of vittoria tires, one set of corsa 32s and one corsa n.ext 34s. The former measures out to 30.5mm on 19mm ID rims and the latter measure out to 33mm on the same ID rim. The photos on the first post are the 34 n.ext.

But I guess this was sort of the point of the post. Get some measurements, take some photos, and have others contribute what fit and what didn't