View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Smart. I run Vittoria clinchers on 20mm rims. I’d look for a cotton tire from Vittoria or Veloflex. I’d also be tempted to try some of those Specialized 26mm tires. I dislike Continental tires for a number of reasons, not least of which is that the shape when inflated is tall and not round. At least that’s my perception.

I run my 25mm Vittorias at 75-80 PSI and my 28s even lower and am perfectly content. I think you’ll be happy with them. I use lightweight butyl tubes and haven’t tried latex in decades because I found them to be far too fragile. Newer ones may be better.
Thank you, James. You've answered a few follow up questions I was going to ask before I had a chance to do so. Is there a particular lightweight tube that you favor?

I'm leaning toward trying some 28mm Veloflex Corsa Evo tires with butyl tubes. I love my tubulars but the ease of getting tires mounted straight and evenly with clinchers is appealing.

Thanks.

Last edited by BdaGhisallo; 02-16-2024 at 06:40 AM.