View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 03:33 PM

Six weeks to the day from my surgery. Yesterday had my 6-week follow up my surgeon’s office; getting transitioned back to working with my cardiologist (vs the surgeon) from here on out. Was reassuring to hear the team talk about how great I am doing, and how well I was looking. Still limited to lifting 15lbs until Mar 14, but after that “you can do anything you want, just work up to it rather than jumping in…”

My wife chimed in “oh, but you don’t know what that means – he loves to ride 100+ miles on his bike and ski in the woods for 4 hours, plus all the kettlebell and sled stuff at the gym. Shouldn’t he take it easier than that?”

RN smiled and said “we have a guy who wants to do a 150-mile ride in July, and he’s not even scheduled for surgery yet. Dr. Weiss told him he should be able to do his ride.”

My wife looked at me and just shook her head. Sure glad she was in the room as she’d never believe me if I told her what the surgeon’s team said….

Continuing with the formal M/W/F cardiac rehab program (I get to start some mild intervals tomorrow) and am now up to another hour or so of aerobic work on the days between -- mostly spin bike and walking. Still a long way to go, but playing it as the long game and working on my patience. I'm very optimistic about getting back to all the activities I love.

Last edited by teleguy57; 01-23-2024 at 03:38 PM.