View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM

It's sad that paying a fee often makes people feel entitled to do things that can be simply described as 'un-neighborly'.

I think the organizers need to work with the area to come up with a course that keeps the spirit of the event while not totally disrupting the lives of folks that live in the area. I.e. maybe some roads need to be treated as 2 lane roads with travel only permitted on one lane to allow folks to get out if they need to. Sounds like something needs to be workshopped within the area.

At the end of the day, I think a lot of the folks don't realize how much this helps infrastructure and the local economy... but steamboat isn't huge. I can't imagine how overrun it feels during an event like this. Asking because I don't know, but does the mountain step in to carry some of the load of people?

I think the event also needs to do a big show of support for the locals in a much more obvious way. Like, offer a scholarship that kids in the local high school can apply for and put towards college expenses. Make a big show of donating to local fund (which they're already doing).

It sounds like they really need to generate some good will.

Also sounds like folks need to be cited and ticketed for littering and worse. That's just gross man. ***. If you can't figure out how to put a wrapper in your pocket during an event, you have no business coming out. That area is bloody gorgeous. Leave no trace and all...