Thread: Caad13
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothwem View Post
Man, you must be a lightweight. I've never had an issue with my CAAD8's ride quality, did many many 100 mile rides on it with 23's at 120 psi and no problems. I've got a different CAAD8 now and with 27mm Vittoria Pave's, its almost as nice as my Lemond was with no BB flex. The CAAD13 must be a magic carpet in comparison, but I'm worried I would find it flexy.

I am 200 pounds though, and its pretty rare that I find a bike that I feel is harsh. However, I have found them before. I used to have a Fuji TT bike that beat the living crap out of me, I couldn't spend more than an hour on it before everything started to hurt.
I don't think my caad9 would have cleared anything over 25s. I also think the caad8 was less stiff and a more comfortable frame afaik. I doubt you'll find the 13 flexy if you like the 8.

There's a 54cm caad13 disc with rival etap on sale about an hour from me... It's on fb and they're asking 2k. I'm so bummed it's a size small for me. I keep trying to convince myself it'll fit lol.

Also, I used to race at like 145-150ish lbs. The 9 used to feel okay back in the day but I still used to get gnarly back pain riding it for long rides even at like 19. The CAAD13 is a game changer imho... I just wish the dang previous owner hadn't cut the steerer this damn short!