View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 09:43 AM

I'm met a few, and probably know more that I didn't know were pace liners.

Last one I met I forget who it was but it was at Cross Nationals in Hartford, he introduced himself to me while I was marshaling. Saw e-richie as well, who I've seen around for about 30 years at events (not as much in the last 10 years as I don't really do much with cross).

Met up with a high school classmate after a couple decades apart. agilismerlin. He and I went to his first race together (his dad drove I think?), it was the opening race of my second season. We were basically kids still, maybe juniors in high school.

I can't remember what he went by but there was a racer that I met up with and warmed up with a bit at Red Trolley in SoCal. He borrowed my ContourHD cam as his had a problem (dead battery?). Steve.

Met up with someone for some rides north of Tampa when I visited in-laws. Some good rides just after I got out of my wheelchair, I think I wasn't using the cane by then (after a double fractured pelvis). That was 2009.

shovelhd, he and I raced together a bit (on different teams, but he generally raced with me as his second race so he'd try to help me, even led me out for a field sprint win). He really helped with my mental space at a difficult time promoting races (aka losing lots of money and being extremely stressed). I bought an old KK trainer from him, got me weaned off CycleOps Fluids (same resistance unit mounting points so I put the KK fluid on the newer CycleOps frame, although now I have 3 KK RR trainers, fully switched over).

There are others I'm sure but I don't know their usernames. Conversely there are a few that message or reply to me and I don't know their real names.