View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganDave View Post
So I picked up a used Shimano LX 9sp rear mech, tried it out on a ride today with the Centaur 11sp shifters - and it actually works!!!

I'm not 100% sure on it, there seems to be a cog on the lower half of the cluster that jumps down an extra cog when shifting down on ocassion, going to have to see if that can be adjusted out or not....but so far so good.

I really didn't notice anything was amiss for my 2.5hr trail ride! (It's on a CX bike.) But I was mostly in the upper portion of the cassette.

Going to look into an XT or XTR upgrade.....but so far I'm pretty darn impressed. If you're super picky, wouldn't recommend, but if you're good with a bit of a potential hiccup, so far so good. Will continue to report.
When you look at the ratios the best fit should actually be a Shimano 11speed road rear derailleur. Something like the RD-R8000 or the RD-R7000...and if I am not mistaken the ultegra 11speed long cage rd can go up to 34. Turns out that the tiagra 4700 seems to have the 11speed ratio as well.

Last edited by tdh; 11-17-2023 at 12:48 AM. Reason: correction