View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytyree View Post
At this point I'd just like to watch a Der Klassiker that's competitive, I love that kind of match, El Classico for example, it's not the same if they become one sided. BVB and Schalke used to be really good too.

In the end, as a neutral I was fine with the Newcastle Arsenal outcome. They let both teams play all through the match and didn't call much of anything on physical play. BG could have been sent off, but he wasn't the only one playing on the edge. On the goal I don't think any of the officials have any idea still today if the ball was actually out or in, if it was onside or not and I don't think you can hang your hat on getting that foul called. The keeper went for that cross and didn't get there, at that point the entire play was behind them, that doesn't tend to work out, and neither does one shot on target.

Newcastle and Arsenal are both pretty good to follow to me, even if they're not my teams.
Schalke, despite having been relegated, acquitted themselves well in the Riviere Derby last year. One of the many draws that ultimately ended BVB’s title challenge.

As for Spurs game this afternoon. Holy s***, didn’t expect it. I always thought Spurs were over-performing and might revert to the mean. Didn’t realize the team would shoot itself in the foot and then lose two more players to injury…