View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 04:52 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumblecycler View Post
I had one of these while living NoVA and was damn impressed by it. I left it with a friend … say, you didn’t buy it from Marco did you? Your picture look like Skyline Drive so just curious
I bought it from a guy named Kevin Hines, lives in Strasburg. He didn't know much about it. If he was a cyclist, it was of the motor variety. The bike was in *perfect* condition...once I scrubbed the white paint splatters and garage grunge off it. The Ultegra groupset maybe had 100 miles on it, I'd say museum quality. The quill stem it came with was super long -protruded a figurative foot out of the head tube at its shortest, as if someone wanted this to be a cruiser.

So nope, probably not yours, but how did you like yours? Around the net, I see folks calling this bike a noodle and not liking how it rides, but I'm actually really happy with it! The Gravel King 26mm tires and the nice wheels make it nice and smooth, and I dig the good vibrations the bike still transmits. Not nearly the unified, composed, symbiotic experience that riding a top-notch modern bike gives you, but it's good enough and then some, and a blast to ride.