Thread: Bont Shoes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
I will go out on a limb and say for -most- people bonts are not a good choice.

Thats based on tons of reading, my own experience with several pair, and lots of friends who have tried them.

I know some people mention really high heat and shoe stretchers etc....
But ... the shoes are rock hard, don't always have the volume to fit a proper orthotic in, and generally if they don't fit you really well out of the box, they are not gonna work.

Stick with a high quality mainstream shoe and get a good quality custom orthotic for them = prefect for most people.

FWIW I've been a long-term Bont user and have found that every pair I've had is fairly HIGH volume, and requires more significant insoles to take up some of that volume so that I can tighten them properly.

But that said - I do think that they require a level of tinkering that is past most people's interest/energy. Heat molding isn't a "one and done" thing, it's more a repeat process with no guarantee that it'll get to a good place for any one person.

For me, though, the 'bathtub sole' construction was a game changer and no shoe feels stiff and secure to me, and made me willing to put up with Bont's quirks.