View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 06:58 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetoclimb View Post
After several positive endorsements from fellow forum members, I bought a mostly built Chisel from a shop here in Germany. I had them keep them low end Judy fork and Shimano wheelset in favor of upgrading. Picked up a SID Ultimate on my last trip back to the US for a nice price. And now looking for a good XC wheelset that will help bring the overall bike weight down.

But my biggest dilemma is the headset. I cannot find solid information on which aftermarket options (Chris King, Cane Creek, Wolftooth, etc) are best suited. For sure the SID does not have a built in crown race, so that is needed. But CK’s product page for a the DropSet 5 says it is the one for “most” Spesh MTB frames, I assume independent of fork choice… given the bikepacking plans for this bike a solid worry free headset is ideal.

Do any of the fellow Chisel owners have a recommendation for a headset? I have an email out to Specialized as well but I anticipate they will just copy the text from the frame product page. It links to their own headset which is I guess the cost effective option …
https://btlos.com/mountain-bike/mtb-xc-trail