View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 09:38 AM

Just because this is titled a weight loss challenge does mean that this is just a weight loss challenge. It is much more, but weight is an easy metric.

I am sure people have signed up for the challenge for many different reasons. Some of us know we need to lose weight and know where our best weight is. At 75 I have a good idea where I should be as for the last 25 years I have fairly regularly logged weight and certain body measurements at the first of the month. I know that the best program at all times is eating better food (no specific diet) eating less food, riding (and other aerobic exercise) stretching and resistance training. Unfortunately, I am not doing all of these right now, but they are just habits that I need to start doing. So even though I am logging weight here these habits are also getting me in better health and shape in many ways. I also am into clothes and have a lot of great clothes I cannot fit into. So I have an incentive to lose inches.

Others may be losing weight for serious medical issues.

Others may be training for racing and are more focused on getting stronger on the bike.

Others might be using the challenge as an incentive to ride more. And hopefully the riding is enjoying riding. I remember when I got my first ten speed in 1970 the first day I rode 100 miles and the next day 91 miles. Just on my own exploring. Long rides are so easy when you are young.

So use this challenge to achieve whatever it is you want to achieve and don't worry about what others are doing and why they are doing it. Everyone is different. Hopefully, you can make it an enjoyable journey to wherever you want to go.

Jeff