View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 06:17 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Can't say I am a TPC fan. I was quite dissappointed that they bought the radavist.

Prior to the pandemic, I did buy some calipers and other components from them in the past and got quite reasonable prices. They also offered me a NOS frame for a very reasonable price via ebay in the past. In general, I find their bikes too pricey for me.

The used market is priced much higher than it was a few months ago. I think it also applies to some listings on the classifieds on paceline. If I feel like something is a ripoff, I just steer clear of it.

I try to offer my items for a reasonable price. But I am no businessman. Just a hobbyist.
Indeed. The place that sold my son his Honda Civic 2 years ago offered to buy it from him for more than he paid. That's right, a 2 year old Honda Civic.

Yes, Yes, I know a ton of the guys at TPC, I'v watched them explode, I visit the warehouse often(I get wheel boxes there) and the operation is really amazingly BIG.

And Yes, Yes, many will criticize TPC as the very harbinger of death and doom for the 'used bike market'. But what all the VC $ did was take TPC from a 'hobby, back room, I'll sell yer stuff on eBay' place to a BIG BUSINESS.

And gee, they are doing that really, really well..and as somebody back 4-5 pages said, if ya don't like it, don't buy it..pretty easy.

And for those who DO see TPC as underhanded, scheming, nasty big corporate people who are out to hurt the new bike owner..I'll bet you can find the $, people, warehouse, etc..to do it 'right'. Let me know when it's up and running..
Quote:
Can't wait for the TPC sleeper agents here to "back them up" again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iages(py.jpg (6.8 KB, 298 views)

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 12-17-2021 at 06:24 AM.