Thread: Ot - usmnt
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 10:19 AM

Musah was fantastic. He's the type of box-to-box mids whom fans love, and it also appeared clear that his footwork is just a bit better than McKennies, who looks just a tad raw in comparison. I guess those English academies do know a few things after all.

Player rotation is now key. You don't want players to miss the match against El Tri due to card accumulation. A cursory look suggests that neither Adams nor McKennie has any cards right now, and I think the rule is that accumulation of two cards (from different matches) means sitting out the next match.

Donno what would be the best way to stagger everyone. I think having all three of Adams, McKennie, and Musah available would be nice. Busio, Lletget, and Acosta now gets to show their worth in at least one upcoming match.

And finally, neither Reyna nor Pulisic was available, both due to injuries from the last window. I hope Berlhalter plays it safe and limit Aaronson's minutes a bit.

ETA: my initial look was indeed cursory. Both McKennie and Adams have one card each. I guess that means they'll sit out the home match vs. Costa Rica.

Last edited by echappist; 10-08-2021 at 11:54 AM.