View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 05:22 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
Society needs to encourage "growth" doesn't equal more people. We need as a global society to breed less people. Otherwise our children or children's children are in a massive boatload of problems which we see the beginnings of
I agree with you, Thanos.
(Jesting aside, I do.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctyres View Post
In fact, I was on a call two weeks ago where one of California's leading insurers said that California is basically uninsurable with respect to fire. That person was talking about homes, mainly, but also other structures.
Interesting; two weeks ago I received a letter from my home insurance company informing me that they are adding, at no cost to me, wildfire protection (there is zero probability that a wildfire would ever reach my house); I had to send a letter to opt out of this coverage, which I did since there was so much mealy-mouthed language in the coverage that it was clear that even in the infinitesimally small chance that a wildfire reached my home they/their contracted provider would never show up. I assumed that some regulatory change may have prompted this letter but I'm just guessing.

Last edited by cgolvin; 08-29-2021 at 05:26 PM.