View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 07:51 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppolich View Post
Q&A Session with Dave @ DT Swiss.
Answer from @DTSwiss in Red

1.) Do you think the DT240 hub was originally*a 10sp mtb conversion?– with a serial number I can look it up. If this hub happens to be a 6-bolt, it is definably a MTB. CenterLock can be road or MTB. Road CL hubshells differ from MTB CL hubshells.***

2.) Are the non drive side end caps the same length on all*12x142 hubs?– a factory road left end cap will have an etching on it “11s road” and is 28mm long.* The MTB left end cap is 29mm long, with no etching. If converting a MTB to road-11 use, it is best to keep the left MTB end cap the same.* That said, you have any easy 1mm wiggle room with the caliper, so this end cap is not crucial. **

Trying to see why the original end cap wasn't the correct length for my Road spaced setup.– the right end cap needs to be 17mm long for road-11 because this cassette is pushed outward as compared to a MTB cassette, and there is such little wiggle room there.

Serial #:
P1437181 054 DT F 2310
- That is a MTB Hub
I didn't know the hub bodies themselves were different, but it makes sense. Road FH bodies are longer so push the hub towards the NDS

Learn something new every day

M