View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Interesting. That's not my experience. I assume you're referring to sidepulls so I'll just say that my experience with Tektro R559s and Shimano R650s have been excellent. I have lots of friends who use the Velo Orange long reach calipers and all have high praise. You can't get more than two cyclists to agree on any matter it seems, though; especially brakes.

And, yes, it's a fair point to say that Tomii can and should do what he wants. I'm sure if people with their wallets out want fender mounts and a Whisky fork he'll make it happen.
Ok, ill admit im basing that statement on my experience with some tektro long reach side-pulls that im sure have been updated and improved since i rode em...but yea, they sucked. the mid-reach paul racers i replaced em with were EXCELLENT, but required hangers...which is what it is but certainly would change the character of what is supposed to be a "road bike."

And yes, I can say with a great deal of certainty that if 5-10 people got together deposits/whatever and contacted Nao to build a run of whisky forked/fender mount canvas's, he would be more than happy to oblige.