View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
Not confused. I climb it often. South Grade is steeper, yes and more twisty. The descent is fun and technical. If you climb South and descend East, you will have to climb to get back to your car if you park anywhere near South. The taco shop is the traditional beginning of the climb and is about as low as you can park although there is a little bit of parking at the Y if you want to make the climb as short as possible.

Horner's KOM on Palomar, which he did in training, is one of the ones that Gaimon has not been able to snipe yet.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6881666

Either way, Palomar is nowhere near El Cajon and there is great climbing there.
I only rode a bicycle up South Grade once and I knew going down would not be fun for me. OTOH I liked going down East Grade because it's more flowing and I was comfortable carrying more speed due to open sight lines. OTOH, I have done them both many times on motorcycles but I was not one of the crazies. Since my big crash 3 years ago I haven't done much riding at all so I only remember the Jiliberto's Taco Shop way past the vee. Is there one right by the vee lot?