View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestmachinery View Post
I now have the very similar frame previously owned by a couple of forum members. I have mine built single speed while collecting parts for a porteurish geared build. Here are a few things.

You should be able to use paragon insert dropouts, from what Ive read. They sell a drive side insert with a derailleur hanger. Lynskey also sells them. I have not tested either, but will report.

Rear spacing on mine is 135. and I couldn't fit modernish road cranks with a 110 bb. The cranks just touched the chain stays while riding.

I had someone braze a binder clamp on the seat tube rather than deal with a wedge seatpost.

Heel clearance around the back brake is no good for a wide profile canti.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for all of the information. I purchased the paragon dropouts with the derailleur hanger and there was slop top and bottom and the dropouts were a bit too thick and didn't allow for the bolts to be tightened down all the way. I sanded them down and they seem to be holding strong.

I'll also be doing to a porteurish build. I'd love to see your bike as it develops. One issue I'm encountering is mounting a rack up front as the fork crown is not drilled. The only mounting points are the canti posts and few racks accept that. I suppose I'll also be using P clamps on the rear for mounting fenders even though it has all other necessary brazeons for them.

I don't follow what you mean about heal clearance for a wide profile canti. Are your canti posts reversed/facing the other way?

Brazing on a seat clamp is not so easy since my frame is chromed.

Thanks for the input and look forward to seeing your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk