View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
I realize I'm being pedantic, but that is not an acceptable answer.

I asked a very specific question. How inter-compatible? As good as Chorus-Chorus or Potenza-Potenza, just slightly behind but acceptable even in the long term, or a kludge?

I got into a bit of an argument on the MPLS bike trading Facebook page where this guy posted a Gunnar Sport with 10s Campy, and he swears that it will work "no problem" with Shimano (speeds not specified, but I suppose I assumed 10s Shimano). I said hang on, that's not quite true, but there's an easy fix for this (Jtek), which he didn't like ...

So, OK. I am a huge PITA. When the mods said be part of the solution, not part of the problem ... that was probably directed at me. That's fine. I don't care. I asked a specific question. You didn't answer, you said just go ride it. Well, you can put an S10 cassette/wheel into a C10 shifting system and just go ride it, and you may be able to get it to acceptable adjustment in the short term. But I don't think it will work so well in the long term - I know I tried S9 cassette on C9 shifting, and it deteriorated past the point of acceptability after a while, and I'm pretty sure C10 and S10 won't be much better. And the whole reason I asked you was that Campy has a lot of BS in its documentation about how mixing stuff will lead to malfunctions, accidents, and death, and if there's one person who would know that they're spouting BS, it's you.
Sounds like you already knew the answer to your own question when you posted the query. And you're out of order in attacking the Ancient Nightshade. It's just bikes.