View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
Dontworryboudit. We are all cyclists here and we all want to make it better. I encourage you to participate as you are doing now - what you inquire about, now or in the future, is something others are interested in too.

Professional fittings are a fairly new product offering in the bike industry. If you search on this topic, there have been many discussions on what is a very expansive and not all that uniform an opinion on pro bike fitters. My own opinion on bike fitters is caveat emptor because the effectiveness of the fitting is much too variable to who is doing the fitting. There is no professional standard or methodology for the practitioners or the service offering so just paying money is no assurance of competence on their part or of success to your fittings issues on your part.

Don't be afraid to think out of the box on your fit - that is why the photo will tell more than can be talked about. Meaning that big changes rather than incremental ones are perfectly fine as long as there is a principle behind why it is done and it is consistent with the goals and results you are trying to achieve. There are many ways to setup a drop bar bicycle along a continuum from sporting casual to racebike EuroPro. But the one thing that is the same across the entire continuum is that the pedal stroke/skill in riding and the setup of the bike itself are complementary man & machine relationships which are defined and/or limited by the other.

Good luck.
Thanks I'll report back soon.