View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radsmd View Post
I am not a lawyer, just my opinion.

There are laws regarding negligent dog owners who allow their dogs to run free or off leash. If the dogs cause an accident while not under the control of the owner, then the owner is indeed liable. The harder question is did the dogs cause you to fall? Based on your description, I would say yes. The owner would be liable.

How do you know the dogs are not dangerous? What if next time they run after a toddler or kid and injures or kill? Is that ok?
One way to look at this which I would assume the dog owner's camp would see it is an experience cyclist, as the OP claims, should not of fallen in the situation. And that the OP "crash" was fabricated for a pay day. Has the OP had a history of suing people for personal injury etc.?

Obviosuly not saying this is the situation. I would be a d&ck to say so. But you have to be a d!ck so you doing the screwing and the not the other way around.

Personally I would just walk away.

At the very most let the dog owner know what happen is a very positive and polite way. And not ask for any money.

Last edited by joosttx; 06-04-2017 at 08:42 AM.