Thread: OT: Euro 2016
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdaGhisallo View Post
The plan may have not been great in some folks' minds, but the failure of England's highly paid players to make accurate shots on goal, and hustle on the field, and pass the ball accurately, and genuinely look like they cared is, undoubtedly, the fault of the manager!!!!

Hodgson will lose his job, and deserves to, but the players need to lose theirs too. They never looked impressive and they never looked dangerous. They never looked hungry and the blame for that does not lay with the manager or the English FA.
this seems to be the English way. for as long as I've been alive they have at least one of the 5 most talented teams in the world. yet they win nothing, not even the occasional rivalry. Most times I disagree with the makeup of the team, i feel they do not select role players, tenacious defenders, hard centre midfielders (my favorites), you know, they guys who win games. they never seem to have a game plan either. I think its always management when players don't perform. what else can you blame. the raw material is there... but it takes a manager to put it all together.